According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, a six-room house could have as much as 40 pounds of dust per year from everyday living. This is a lot of dust. This is because your heating and cooling systems take in the dust through the air conduits and spread it throughout your house or office.
Air duct cleaning has the following benefits:
- Less housecleaning, especially dusting. Dust from the office or home air ducts can build up and cause dusty surfaces.
- Improved indoor air quality. These conditions can be aggravated by dirty air ducts, which can lead to asthma attacks and other symptoms.
- Energy and savings. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a buildup of.042 inches of dust can reduce heating and cooling efficiency by up to 20%. Clean ductwork can reduce your utility bills and save you energy.
The property owner will decide whether or not to clean the air ducts. However, certain factors can increase the need for cleaning such as pets, smoking, water damage, and people with asthma or allergies. The EPA also states that a clean and efficient system is more durable, less likely to fail, and performs better than a messy system.
- Check the system for bacteria and mold spores.
- Protect your home and office by covering carpets and household furniture with protective covers during cleaning.
- Vacuum the ductwork. If the vacuum exhausts to the interior, you can either use a HEPA filter or exhaust it to the outside.
- To remove dust and debris, brush the duct surfaces using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Take out animal nests and other evidence that pests are present.
- To prevent air from escaping, seal and insulate the ductwork. This can reduce efficiency and increase costs.
Clean HVAC systems mean that they don’t need to work as hard to maintain the desired temperature. This reduces energy consumption and increases efficiency. How can you achieve this? Keep your air ducts clean. Clean air ducts will clean the air you inhale and help you save money.
HVAC Efficiency and Dirty Ducts
Dust and dirt are constant threats to your HVAC system. Your equipment is protected only by the return filter. However, contaminants can still get through the ductwork because of the suction your heating and cooling system creates as it runs.
The ductwork’s physical resistance is increased by particles that build-up, which reduces the airflow rate. The ductwork may need to be cleaned periodically to remove allergens. This is especially important if your indoor air quality has declined or particles are recirculating throughout your home.
Professional Cleaning Services for HVAC Equipment and Ducts
Dust can also settle into the ductwork recesses and coat your air conditioner’s internal parts including the fins and evaporator coils. This buildup can reduce the heat exchange rate, which will in turn cause your air conditioner to work less efficiently. The majority of energy savings in duct cleaning were due to the increased performance of these components. Reputable HVAC companies will always clean the coils and fins as well as the air distribution plenums. This is vital for optimizing energy efficiency and preventing recontamination.
Airflow imbalances can be corrected
We can also inspect the ductwork during cleaning. We can repair or seal any air leaks if we find problems. Any sections that are permanently damaged can be replaced. Research shows that ductwork repairs can cut down on your cooling and heating costs by as much as 20%.
If you need air duct cleaning in Plano tx, then we at Organic Home Service offer different types of services such as air cleaning, restoration, insulation services, and many more at the most affordable prices. Now we have many technicians who work all over the metroplex to take care of your home’s needs.
Organic Home Service services all of Dallas. We specialize in Air Duct Cleaning, Dryer Vent Cleaning, Chimney Cleaning, Restoration Services and more. As an Eco-friendly company, our cleaning products are all organic and we never use harsh chemicals.