Rubber matting is mostly used as essential safety flooring equipment to boost comfort underfoot, provide relief from fatigue, prevent slipping, and absorb impact. One of the most popular uses of rubber matting is to cover stable floors. Rubber matting can be used in several unique locations and software, from factory matting to stable flooring. This type of matting is popular due to its durability, ease of cleaning, and maintenance.
The rubber matting primarily offers insulation from the cold concrete floor that can cause discomfort to the horses even with a thick layer of bedding, as well as providing cushioning to the horses’ joints (think anti-fatigue matting for horses).
It is important to select the correct rubber matting for every environment for it to establish effectiveness. We provide free site surveys that will assist you to get started.
Where is rubber matting utilized?
- Industrial Environments —Many of our anti fatigue mats are manufactured from 100% natural rubber or characteristic a percent, combined with PVC or Nitrile, depending on the application — see our chemical capability guide to locate the right matting for your environment. Rubber anti-fatigue mats are mostly used in factories and industrial environments, where workers stand for the majority of the day. The matting helps to prevent standing fatigue, enhance standing relaxation by supplying underfoot cushioning and promote subtle foot movement. Rubber mats can also contain drainage holes and anti-slip gritted surface finishes.
- Stables —Stable matting is manufactured from natural rubber and appropriate for indoor and outdoor environments. This type of heavy duty rubber mat offers insulation, cushioning underfoot for joints, along with improved grip for horses and other livestock.
- Gyms and Leisure Centers — Gym matting is designed to create comfort and safety whilst working out. We have two different options out there. Both made from natural rubber:
Sport-Tile is popular for gym flooring places & areas and used to absorb the impact of heavy gear. The tiles also help reduce noise levels and provide grip underfoot when walking around equipment.
Weightroom Mat is extremely hardwearing, providing outstanding floor protection against dropped weights. The mats are great for places where weights are used and are successful in reducing noise levels.
- Entrances —Outside entrance mats are usually made of nitrile rubber, for their hardwearing and resilience. The mats frequently include elevated scrapers to scrape dirt and debris out of footwear.
- Slipper Soles —For those of you who can’t bear to part with those uber comfy slippers you’ve had for years, there is a way to breathe new life into them!
Simply trace around your slipper and cut out of the rubber matting, you can then sew onto the bottom of your slippers.
You can also use this trick to add to the bottom of some cozy socks or footed onesies to stop your feet from getting wet if you head outside.
- Switchboard rooms —Switchboard matting provides essential protection in high voltage areas. We have three different options available, made from rubber to securely protect operatives from electric shocks. All the mats also provide traction underfoot to prevent slips.
- Boat Decks — Several people use rubber matting on their boat decks.
Decks can become very slippery when working or carry out other activities on boats (such as sipping some bubbly along the Norfolk Broads), the rubber matting gives an anti-slip surface whilst the water filters away and offers easier cleaning.
There are a few different types of rubber matting that can be used so it is all about personal preference.
- Manufacturing facilities — ESD Mat effectively protects human operatives and sensitive components from static electricity. Manufactured from rubber and supplied with a single 10mm stud, the mats conform to IEC 61340-4-1, protecting against electrostatic discharge. We have got mats designed for use on workbenches and flooring, with good slip resistance and large wear ratings.
Wearwell is a U.S. Manufacturer of ergonomic flooring products that help standing teams improve performance and fight fatigue. At Wearwell, we’re dedicated to the folks that give it their all, to get the job done. We consider those hard-working men and women Industrial Athletes. Since 1950, we’ve designed and patented products that prevent injuries, optimize performance, and position teams to compete in the toughest of all arenas – business. Our game-changing DiamondPlateSpongeCote, the first truly industrial mat with sponge backing, offered workers the perfect blend of softness and resilience. Wearwell is dedicated to developing innovative products that improve the morale, productivity, and safety of the standing team in all markets. Tell us your environmental challenges and we’ll work together to find a solution that protects your team for years to come. Call us on 888-413-7505 or visit our website for more details.
Wearwell is a U.S. Manufacturer of ergonomic flooring products that help standing teams improve performance and fight fatigue.